Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monogrammed Mirror (Baby Gift)

Last month, my friend Heather had a baby girl.  It was quite exciting since she was already keeping busy with 5 boys.  I knew I wanted to give her a baby gift that was personalized.  I liked the results I had previously from making the monogrammed Vintage Looking Mirrors so I decided to do a little variation on them.  I wouldn't do the vintage part this time, just a simple mirror with the baby's initial and birth date. 


I started off with an 8x10 inch frame with the glass that I found at Goodwill.




I used Krylon Looking Glass spray for this project.  It is a spray paint that gives a mirror like finish.


 I had my "vinyl"  friend Crystal make me the letter A for the baby's name and the date of her birth (on the reverse) in black vinyl.  I attached it on the glass where I wanted it.


 I then sprayed over the whole thing with the Krylon Looking Glass spray.  I gave it about four or five coats.  While the paint was drying on the mirror I primed and painted the picture frame in Krylon Gloss White.



 When it was dry I reframed it.   


 A mirror with the baby's initial and birth date.



I thought about dressing it up a little with ribbons or fabric flowers but nothing seemed right.  Heather doesn't like a lot of frou frou so I ended up just spraying some glitter on the frame.  It has a clean and simple look which I like.  It's a fairly easy project that yields great results.

No comments:

Post a Comment