Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Glass Block



I've been slowly working on my Halloween decor this month (I'm still playing around with my fireplace mantel.) and should have everything made and out by the 31st!  My most recent project is a Halloween glass block.



I started off with a basic glass block.  The kind that is used for showers is around $5 at Lowes but you will have to drill the hole yourself.  Or you can find a craft block which is slightly narrower and already has a hole drilled on the bottom for around $10 at Lowes or Hobby Lobby.  (I'd probably wait until Hobby Lobby's glassware is half off before purchasing if you wanted to go that route.)  I actually found the glass block above at Goodwill for $2.


Make sure you have a hole on the bottom for the lights.


I ordered a vinyl Halloween design in black from my friend, Crystal who has her own vinyl business.  (I think it would be handy to have my own Silhouette or Cricut machine--I'm sure I would get much use from it.)


Put a string of white Christmas or craft lights inside with the plug outside the hole.  A string of about 30-50 lights should be just fine.  (I probably used a longer string than I needed.)



 Plug it in and there you have a very simple Halloween decoration.



The plain before...



...and the festive after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment