Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Gift

What is old, rickety and full of splinters? My Mother's Day gift, of course!





My husband and son were playing basketball in our neighborhood and noticed a man dragging something to the edge of the curb with a "Free" sign on it. My husband, who doesn't like to spend any money and in need of a mother's day gift for me, saw an opportunity.




So this Adirondack (love seat) chair was in my garage waiting for me. It is authentically weathered which looks great in photos but will need serious sanding in order to avoid a bum full of splinters.




Adirondack chairs have seen a surge in popularity over the last few years.





There are big ones.





And small ones.





Adirondack chairs at the beach.






At the lake.






And of course, at the pool.



They come in a myriad of colors.

















So once I sand my Adirondack chair I need to decide if I want to keep it natural




Or jazz it up with some color.




This will be the before picture. All it needs is a lot of sanding, painting and a cute pillow. (Maybe I'll allow my husband to refinish this chair for his Father's Day gift.)





I do like the curves. (I will admit it is the most unique gift I've received in a long time.)





(Splinters for two?)






No comments:

Post a Comment