Friday, November 4, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude (Day 4) White Paint.

                                                                                                      (source)

Today I'm thankful for a very simple thing.  White paint.  Imagine what our world would be like without it.  It lightens and brightens and is a formidable color (shade) in it's own right.  White is the go-to color for all decorating styles.  Especially for modern, farmhouse, vintage or shabby chic.  Adding white paint to an item instantly updates and even transforms it.  And for a few years now white has been an extremely popular choice for kitchen makeovers.



I have gone through my share of different shades, brands and finishes of white paint, myself.  One of my favorite projects was a chalkboard that I made for a wedding gift.  I made many chalkboards before that but this one turned out so nicely and was a wonderful gift.  Frugal Girls featured it on their blog and added it to their section of wedding gift ideas.  (It still brings some of the highest traffic to my blog.)


Another project that had a great transformation with white paint was my His and Hers nightstands.  I  found them battered and neglected at a Goodwill for next to nothing.  I learned a lot while working on these and loved how they turned out.  (They work perfectly in our bedroom now.)

So here is my salute of gratitude to a very basic but well used item.  White paint.  (Gotta love it.)



(photo credit: Judy Elliott Design)

No comments:

Post a Comment