Monday, October 3, 2011

The Well Dressed Halloween Mantel

Today I'm featuring a Halloween mantel from Elizabeth at Seeing Ink Spots.  Now aside from being my sis-in-law, Elizabeth is an extremely creative paper artist.  (Now I don't know if  "paper artist" is a real term or not but Liz certainly is an artiste with paper.)  My favorite part of her Halloween mantel is the dapper little crow.  (Unlike the crows on my mantel which just appear creepy with their greasy looking feathers and beady eyes.)  I love his ruffled collar and pointy hat.  Also, all the details on his pedestal.

 

Even the skulls are well dressed.  I like how she incorporated book pages in a unique way.



The stylish wreath looks to be made from various sizes of accordion paper medallions.  (I wonder if she's taking orders...)

So be sure to check out Seeing Ink Spots to see more of the festive Halloween mantel or to discover some of Elizabeth's other wonderful creations.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment