Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pinterest Interest

                                                                           Pinterest

 Pinterest has changed my life.  Well, not really but it HAS changed the way I blog, search the web, store images, gain new ideas and find inspiration.  Pinterest is a virtual pinboard of images or photos found across the web.  I'm able to "pin" or save an image I want onto my own "pinboards" or file as well as view other images that people have saved.  Instead of me bookmarking each new idea or blog I want to remember, I can just pin one picture from the site and it automatically saves the link for me.  I'm able to see all my saved photos by category all at once which makes it much easier to find something I'm looking for.

When you choose to "follow" some one's pinboard you will be able to see each time they post something new to that board.  For example, if I'm wanting ideas for Halloween decor I can follow a person's pinboard for Halloween and then every time they add a Halloween idea to their board I'll see it.  So it's as though they are helping me look for Halloween ideas too.


                                                                           Pinterest

Aside from an organizational standpoint I also love all the beautiful photography.


                                                                           Pinterest

It's an opportunity to share some of the most creative and interesting ideas out there.  (Who knew cupcakes could look so good?)

 
                                                                          Pinterest

 Garner inspiration and ideas for DIY projects.  (Cute closet turned into a stylish office.  Absolutely love the wallpaper.)


                                                                            Pinterest

And of course, my favorite--pure eye candy.  (I don't even mind that there isn't much storage.  Such an incredible room.)

So if you're interested in checking out Pinterest you can look at my boards here or go to the main link.  (I think you may be able to look at different images without even joining.)  It's free to join.  You just have to wait for an invitation after you sign up.  Mine just took a day.  Happy pinning!



[photo credits: flowers-(la-belle-vie.tumblr.com); fall road-(sunsurfer.tumblr.com); cake-(favanything.blogspot.com); closet-(google.com); kitchen-(brnalexandra.blogspot.com)]

No comments:

Post a Comment